Q. I'm studying at another University - can I come to City's library to study?


If you're studying at another University, you should register for the SCONUL Access scheme if you want to use the libraries here at City. Depending on your own institution's SCONUL status, we're able to offer borrowing membership to academic staff, research students and taught Postgraduates at most other Universities.   

New SCONUL Access membership, any SCONUL Reference users and University of London Access users will not be able to visit City, University of London libraries between 24 April and 2 June 2017.

At other times, Undergraduate students at other Universities are able to use our libraries on a reference only basis by registering for SCONUL Access through their home institution.  

Students from University of London institutions not eligible to apply for SCONUL Access may use our libraries on a reference only basis on production of their home institution ID card.

At certain times of the year, around the main exam periods in January, April and May, we are unable to accommodate SCONUL reference users or new SCONUL applications due to the high demand for study places.  


  • Last Updated 29 Mar 2017
  • Views 2098
  • Answered By Derek Mackenzie

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 3   2