Q. How do I set up the PressReader app on my device?
Download the PressReader app to access your favourite news and magazine titles on the move. This includes over 7,000 newspapers and magazines from 97 countries in 54 languages in full colour, full page format.
Step by step instructions:
- Go to your App store and download the latest PressReader app
- On the web browser on your phone/tablet and go to the web address:
- Login with your City ID
- Create a free (or login to your) Press Reader account
- Exit your browser and login to the app on your phone using the same account > you should now see the coffee cup icon on the home screen.
- Search for the newspaper you want and now select ‘Auto download’ – the papers you select to auto download will now appear in the Downloads screen when you open the app. You may want to consider going to General > Settings> Remove issues to make sure the downloads don’t take up to much room on your device.
- If you find that you lose the City connection and you are asked to pay for a newspaper, you need to repeat steps 1-4 above. It might be worth bookmarking the web address for this purpose.