Answered By: Last Updated: 18 Oct 2021 Views: 6
OverDrive is a platform providing access to fiction and non-fiction e-books. You can loan 5 items at one time from OverDrive, this is on top of your normal library borrowing allowance. Loans are for two weeks at a time with the opportunity to extend your loan if there are no reservations on the title.
You can read OverDrive books in your normal web browser or in the Libby app.
Using the Libby app
- Download and install the 'Libby, by OverDrive' app from the App Store, Google Play Store or Windows Store
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find City, University of London and sign in with your City username and password.
- From here you can browse our collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you're on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- Tap 'Manage Loan' to see options like Renew and Return.