How do I use Factiva?
Answered By: Jessica Wykes Last Updated: 08 Feb 2022 Views: 28
Performing a basic search
- Enter your keywords into the search box.
- To be more specific try using the Search Form.
- Select your date range from the dropdown.
- Use the limits below the search box to narrow by source, subject, region etc.
- Remove the default ‘English’ setting if you want to search for articles in different languages. Factiva covers content in different languages.
- Select the Search button.
Viewing your articles
- You can order your results by date or relevance.
- Select the hyperlinked headline to read the full text or listen to the article.
- Use the filters in the filter panel on the left hand side of the screen to narrow your results further.
Printing and saving
- Select the articles you want to print, save or email by selecting the checkboxes boxes next to the headlines.
- From the toolbar select the following buttons to:
- View selected articles to read them all online.
- Email selected articles in html or plain text format.
- Format for printing and Format for saving. Both button options offer the following formats: Headline format, article format or search summary only.
- Download articles in RTF format.
- Download articles in PDF format.
Although there is no option to export to Refworks, Factiva does give you the option to save to Evernote at the top of the full-text article.
Please note that the length of time to store a single copy of downloaded materials from this resource in machine readable form is limited to 90 days only. See details below for more information.