Accessibility Services: Book collection
Answered By: Jessica Wykes Last Updated: 23 Mar 2023 Views: 5
Users may request that materials be retrieved in advance of their visit. This service is available with half a day’s notice.
To use this service, it must be indicated on your Student Support Plan agreed with Student Health and Wellbeing.
- You may request that materials be retrieved in advance of your visit.
- This service is available with half a day’s notice.
- We can process one request for you per day of up to 20 items for Undergraduate students, 25 items for Postgraduate students and 30 items for Research students and staff.
Email your request to us (see contact details for your Library location in the table below). In your email, please include the book(s) title, author and edition or publication date.
- We will collect the book(s) and notify you when they are ready for collection. If a book has already been borrowed by another user, we will reserve it for you.
You can collect your books from the Requested Items Collection in each Library. The books are arranged alphabetically by the first 4 letters of your surname. Library staff and Security staff can assist with collecting items from these shelves. If you are unable to access the shelves in these areas we can arrange for your items to be collected from staff at the Help Desks.
You will need to bring your City ID card to borrow the items.
|Library location||Contact email||Phone number|
|Northampton Square Library||Nsq_Library@city.ac.uk||020 7040 8191|
|Business Library||BusinessLibrary@city.ac.uk||020 7040 8787|
|Law Library||LawLibrary@city.ac.uk||020 7040 0342|
If you need assistance with book location, retrieval, access to shelves, or moving books to other floors during your visit, please contact:
- Northampton Square Library: Library staff at the Level 2 Help Desk, or alert our roving staff or shelving staff who will be happy to assist.
- Business Library and Law Library, please contact library staff at the Help Desk.
- You can also contact library staff via Online Chat. Access the chat box from the Library homepage.