Accessibility Services: Proxy Borrowing
Answered By: Jessica Wykes Last Updated: 23 Mar 2023 Views: 7
Answered By: Jessica Wykes
Last Updated: 23 Mar 2023 Views: 7
We are able to provide proxy borrowing for students registered with Student Health and Wellbeing, who are unable to visit the library to borrow materials. Proxy borrowing means that your Support Worker, Non-Medical Helper or Personal Assistant will be able to borrow materials which will be issued to your account. To use this service a referral from Disability Support must be received by the Library first.
To set up a proxy borrower
- A City ID card for your Support Worker, Non-Medical Helper or Personal Assistant must be arranged via Disability Support.
- You will need to notify us of the contact details of your proxy, so that we can add their details to your library record.
- By sending written correspondence via your proxy (this can be in print or shown on a device).
- Or in person if you are both on campus.
You must provide the following details:
- Your name
- Your Registration number on your City card
- Your Support Worker/Non-Medical Helper's name
- Your Support Worker/Non-Medical Helper's email address
- The Registration number on their City card.
- When your proxy is on campus, we can add their card details to your Library account at the Library Help Desk.
If you have a proxy borrower, you will still be the main City library account-holder and you will remain responsible for any materials borrowed by your proxy and for any overdue charges incurred.