Answered By: Jessica Wykes Last Updated: 21 Jun 2021 Views: 2
Ebook Central includes a number of features and tools for customising the display and enhancing your reading experience. Proquest Ebook Central Help page contains full guidance.
Enabling Accessibility Mode
Although Ebook Central does not have a built-in text-to-speech reader, you can switch to accessibility mode to use the software easily with assistive software.
- Go to the Settings link in the main navigation.
- From the dropdown options select Profile.
- Under the section Accessibility Mode, use the radio buttons to enable accessibility mode.
- Save changes.
- Use the Read Online button to open the book in the ebook reader. The text will display as plain text with no image layer. The images below show the online reader with the image layer. The second image shows the online reader with Accessibility mode enabled. You can now use this text view with text-to-speech applications such as Read&Write.
The Ebook Central toolbar
The image below shows the Ebook Central toolbar showing from left to right, the highlighter tool, the notes tool, the bookmark page tool and the magnification tool.
Highlighting and notes
- Select a section of text. The highlights and annotations widget will open which allows you to copy text, access the yellow, blue and pink highlighter and access the notes tool.
- Select the annotations icon from the vertical tool bar (star icon) to view all of your highlights and notes together.